Avellanas is a tropical paradise ideal for those who enjoy exploring roads less travelled. Amid rising development in Costa Rica, this is certainly an untouched oasis where you can truly experience the “Pura Vida” way of life!
Although roughly 20 minutes away from the tourist-mecca of Playa Tamarindo, this little surfing community remains pristine and “tranquilo”. There are a couple of restaurants if you forget to pack a picnic, but the beach is unmarred by commercial business, and very little traffic will interrupt your serenity. The only sound breaking the silence is the crashing of world-class waves on golden sands…or the crazy roaring of the howler monkeys!
Casa Surf Hostel has been a part of Avellanas for many years. Only a scenic 6 minute boardwalk stroll from the beach, it is the home of Dan and Erica, a fun-loving Canadian couple. The tropical vibe of Casa Surf is very laid-back, safe, clean and caters to every physical need of a traveler on a budget. We happily offer:
- Shared rooms for only $10/person ($15 during peak seasons)
- Surfboards: sales, rentals and repairs
- Surf lessons with an experienced instructor
- Delicious, hearty food for between $5 and $7
- Hostel guitar
- Guest kitchen for preparing meals
- The largest book exchange in Avellanas
- Bicycle rentals
- A Wi-Fi FREE area. Wi-fi is available at the restaurant across the street, but we do not offer it inside Casa Surf in order to heighten awareness of the surrounding nature, and encourage people to live in the moment for themselves and not for others.
Take advantage of our $30 Day Deal and get all your needs covered for less than a 2-4 in Canada. For only $30 a day you can have breakfast, dinner, a bed in a shared room and your choice of board rental from our impressive collection.
The quantity and variety of boards available (40+) allows for the ultimate ride for any level of surfer. Experienced surfers have many different styles of breaks to choose from, and we have the perfect board for optimum performance. If you’re new to the waves, Dan is an excellent instructor, and will help you progress from learner board to one that suits each step of your growing ability.
Check out the surf breaks in Playa Avellanas, click here
Contact us to Reserve a room, click here