Avellanas is a tropical paradise ideal for those who enjoy exploring roads less travelled. Amid rising development in Costa Rica, this is certainly an untouched oasis where you can truly experience the “Pura Vida” way of life!
Although roughly 20 minutes away from the tourist-mecca of Playa Tamarindo, this little surfing community remains pristine and “tranquilo”. There are a couple of restaurants if you forget to pack a picnic, but the beach is unmarred by commercial business, and very little traffic will interrupt your serenity. The only sound breaking the silence is the crashing of world-class waves on golden sands, or the crazy roaring of the howler monkeys as you swing peacefully in one of our many hammocks.
Casa Surf Hostel has been a part of Avellanas for many years. Only a scenic 6 minute boardwalk stroll from the beach, the tropical vibe of Casa Surf is very laid-back, safe, clean and caters to every physical need of a traveler on a budget. We happily offer:
- Shared rooms for only $15/person ($10 hammock if available)
- Surfboards: rentals ($15/day or $30/3 days), sales and repairs
- Surf lessons with an experienced instructor ($50/person)
- The most incredible upper hammock deck we have ever seen
- Yoga mats
- Drinkable tap water and high pressure outdoor showers
- Delicious, hearty food for between $6 and $8
- Hostel guitar
- Guest kitchen for preparing meals
- The largest book exchange in Avellanas
- Wi-fi is available, however we recommend turning your phones off in order to heighten awareness of the surrounding nature, and encourage people to live in the moment for themselves and not for others.
Take advantage of our $30 Day Deal and get all your needs covered for less than a 2-4 in Canada. For only $30 a day you can have breakfast, a bed in a shared room and your choice of board rental from our impressive collection.
The quantity and variety of boards available (40+) allows for the ultimate ride for any level of surfer. Experienced surfers have many different styles of breaks to choose from, and we have the perfect board for optimum performance. If you’re new to the waves, Dan is an excellent instructor, and will help you progress from learner board to one that suits each step of your growing ability.
Check out the surf breaks in Playa Avellanas, click here
Contact us to Reserve a room, click here